WARNING: SPOILERS for LEGION (FX) – Season 1: Chapters 2-5!
So I didn’t get around to reviewing the episode week by week, so I’m writing this down as a whole compilation from Episode Two all the way to Episode Five! 🙂
With only three more episodes to go, I’m psyched and also sad already that this show is going to be ending with a finale!
Created by Noah Hawley
So far, we’ve found out that David can:
1) Read minds/thoughts
3) Project himself outside of his body
4) Create different worlds/places inside his mind
The fear / horror element of some scenes, especially with the yellow-eyed creature makes me jump! The Angriest Boy in the World scares me as well – the book, by far- is the worst kind of book to read to a child (heh!).
With episode five out, they revealed the identity of the Yellow-Eyed creature as Lenny, the former dead girl / roommate / friend. Lenny, played by Aubrey Plaza, is doing such a fantastic and creepy job of portraying Lenny. And now you can tell just how disturbed she (it?) is. I’m excited to see what happens next in Episode 6 – it’s definitely nothing pleasant for sure, with what seems to be in store for the team.
My question now is why she is treating David this way – they call her a parasite, so if that’S the case, now I’m curious as to how she got there in the first place. What is her motive? Does she want to protect David in her own twisted way? Or is she just using her host to plot horrible things? Is she like the Joker – wanting to create only chaos just for the fun of it?
Also, in episode 4 we get to see Melanie’s husband – trapped in his little ice block. David briefly meets him when he is trapped inside his own mind. I wonder what will happen if he wakes up and how he will connect in this storyline.
The other team members are pretty cool as well, with very neat powers! Here’s the list:
- Wallace (the guy who appears in the first episode with the dashing hat) can manipulate/relive memories and keep a perfect record of them in his head.
- Cary (the scientist) and Kerry (the girl who likes fights a lot) are actually two selves of one whole.
- Cary is the original and Kerry can leave his body and become an entity of her own self (Melanie pointed out that she doesn’t age unless she’s out of Cary’s body, which is pretty cool!)
- Rudy (also appears in the first pilot but doesn’t seem to play a big role in the show except to be the muscle of the team) can use telekinesis to move things with his mind
Which comes down to another conversation about the other villain, The Eye! Hopefully we get to see a back-story about him and his intentions for wanting side with the bad guys. What are his ambitions? Was Melanie and Oliver Bird (the man in the diving suit and Melanie’s comatose husband) the reason behind why he went bad? Or was he always like that from the start?
So many questions – so little answers! We’ve got three more episodes to go though, so hopefully there’s more answers than questions that will come rising into the surface! 🙂 Can’t wait to watch Episode 6!
Thank you for reading my review!
Check out my previous episode review for LEGION – Chapter One (Episode One)!
Stay tuned on my Youtube channel to see more movie/tv show reviews! Thank you for coming to my review blog! – Anna 🙂